METCLEAN 40 is a liquid blend of phosphoric acid and surfactant formulated the removal of hardness scale from metal or glass surfaces.
- Rust remover prior to painting in marine and industrial applications.
- Descaling of automatic dishwashing machines.
- Removal of hardness scale from glazed surfaces.
- Pipe pickling
METHOD OF USE
- Clean surface of excess rust deposits by wire brushing or chipping.
- Apply METCLEAN 40 by dipping or painting surfaces to be cleaned.
- Allow painted surfaces to dry and a smooth grey finish indicates all rust has been converted to a passive phosphate film suitable for application of paint.
- When dipping components, immersion time is dependent on the degree of rust but with METCLEAN 40 when used in concentrated form immersion times between 30 and 60 minutes should be sufficient to convert all rest to a passive phosphate film.
- Do not rinse component with fresh water otherwise the passive film will be destroyed and rust will form.
DESCALING OF DISHWASHING MACHINES
- For average size machines, add 2 litres of METCLEAN 40 to machine sump.
- Operate machine wash cycle for 5 minutes.
- Drain acid solution from machine.
- Some deposits of scale may be left but these will be soft an are easily removed with a suitable scourer.
- Fully rinse all surfaces that acid may have contacted.
DESCALING OF GLAZED SURFACES
- Dilute METCLEAN 40 5:1 with water
- Apply METCLEAN 40 solution to sealed surfaces by painting or wiping
- Once generation gas from scale has ceased, rinse off with water
- Do not allow METCLEAN 40 solution to dry on glazed surfaces or allow it to remain in contact with aluminium components more than is necessary to complete descaling of the glazed surface.?
- Dilute METCLEAN 40 with water 4:1.
- Circulate solution through pipework or allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Do not wash treated surfaces with water as rust will form.
METCLEAN 40 is an acidic product. Avoid skin and eye contact when handling.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor of poisons information centre. PH 13 11 26. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, give milk or water and seek medical advice. If skin contact does occur remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly with water. For eye contact, irrigate with water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists seek medical advice.
METCLEAN 40 PLUS is available in 1, 5, 15, 25 and 200 litre containers.?