- MARINE CLEAN PLUS is a concentrated phosphoric acid based cleaner used for the removal of hardwater, calcium, lime, concrete and mill scales from metallic surfaces.
- MARINE CLEAN PLUS is ideal for rust removal and phosphating steel surfaces prior to painting.
- MARINE CLEAN PLUS is also recommended for spray and wipe operations in ablution areas for the removal of calcium, hard water, scale, soap scum, build-up on urinals, sinks, showers and bathroom fittings.
- Rust remover prior to painting in marine and industrial applications.
- Removal of hardness scale from heat exchanger and other scaled surfaces.
METHOD OF USE
- Clean surface of excess rust deposits by wire brushing or chipping.
- Dilute MARINE CLEAN PLUS with up to 8 parts water and apply by dipping or painting surfaces to be cleaned.
- Allow painted surfaces to dry and a smooth grey finish indicates all rust has been converted to a passive phosphate film suitable for application of paint.
- When dipping components, immersion time is dependent on the degree of rust but with MARINE CLEAN PLUS when used in concentrated form, immersion times between 30 and 60 minutes should be sufficient to convert all rust to a passive phosphate film.
- Do not rinse component with fresh water otherwise the passive film will be destroyed and rust will form.
DESCALING OF SCALED SURFACES
- Dilute MARINE CLEAN PLUS with up to 8 parts water.
- Apply MARINE CLEAN PLUS solution to scaled surfaces by painting, wiping or.. using a suitable pump when cleaning heat exchangers.
- Once generation of gas from scale has ceased, drain and rinse off with water.
- Do not allow MARINE CLEAN PLUS solution to dry on surfaces or allow it to remain in contact with aluminium components more than is necessary to complete descaling of a glazed surface.
MARINE CLEAN PLUS is an acidic product. Avoid skin and eye contact when handling.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor of poisons information centre. PH 13 11 26. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, a glass of water and seek medical advice. If skin contact does occur remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly with water. For eye contact, irrigate with water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists seek medical advice.
MARINE CLEAN PLUS is available in 1, 5, 15 and 25 litre containers.