MARINE CLEAN is a liquid blend of phosphoric acid and surfactant formulated for removal of rust and hardness scale from metal surfaces.
- Rust remover prior to painting in marine and industrial applications.
- Removal of hardness scale from heat exchanger and other scaled surfaces.
- Pipe pickling
METHOD OF USE
- Clean surface of excess rust deposits by wire brushing or chipping.
- Apply MARINE CLEAN by dipping or painting surfaces to be cleaned.
- Allow painted surfaces to dry and a smooth grey finish indicates all rust has been converted to a passive phosphate film suitable for application of paint.
- When dipping components, immersion time is dependent on the degree of rust but with MARINE CLEAN when used in concentrated form immersion times between 30 and 60 minutes should be sufficient to convert all rest to a passive phosphate film.
- Do not rinse component with fresh water otherwise the passive film will be destroyed and rust will form.
DESCALING OF SCALED SURFACES
- Dilute MARINE CLEAN 5-1 with water.
- Apply MARINE CLEAN solution to sealed surfaces by painting or wiping.
- Once generation of gas from scale has ceased, rinse off with water.
- Do not allow MARINE CLEAN solution to dry on surfaces or allow it to remain in contact with aluminium components more than is necessary to complete descaling of a glazed surface.
- Dilute MARINE CLEAN with water 4:1.
- Circulate solution through pipe work or allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Do not wash treated surfaces with water as rust will form.
MARINE CLEAN is an acidic product.Ã‚Â Avoid skin and eye contact when handling.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor of poisons information centre. PH 13 11 26. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, a glass of water and seek medical advice. If skin contact does occur remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly with water. For eye contact, irrigate with water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists seek medical advice.
MARINE CLEAN is available in 1, 5, 15, 25 and 200 litre containers.Ã‚Â