- CARBEX is a heavy duty alkaline cleaner based on caustic soda and synthetic detergents. Main use of CARBEX is for engine cleaning in a hot tank situation. CARBEX will remove carbon, grease, oil, rust and scale from engine blocks and parts.
- CARBEX should only be used to clean cast iron and steel blocks and engine parts. Do not use on aluminium components.
- CARBEX is effective in removing of a wide range of soils including grease, mineral oils, vegetable oils, drawing compounds, cutting oils, quenching oils, buffing compounds soilage, rust, protective coatings and wax.
CARBEX is recommended for use in the electroplating trade, engine reconditioning, heat treatment plants, printing works, engineering works, garages, automotive workshops, air filter cleaning, food processing plants, etc.
- Hot Tank Cleaning ? 1.5 kg per 10 litres of water
- Cold Cleaning ? 2 kg per 10 litres of water
- Operating Temperature ? 600 ? 700 Centigrade
Cleaning time and dilution rate will depend upon temperature and extent of soilage to be removed. The normal dosage rate of a Hot Tank cleaner fitted with agitation is a 15% CARBEX concentration rate. For a cold tank with no agitation, the dosage rate may need to be as high as 25% CARBEX.
Corrosive. Avoid skin and eye contact.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. PH 13 11 26. If swallowed DO NOT induce vomiting, give a glass of water and seek medical attention. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. For eyes, irrigate with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
CARBEX is available in 25 and 200 kg containers.